That’s why I was so happy when I found this Perfect Circuit workout in the May 2008 issue of Fitness magazine. Check it out; it is a great strength routine, and really gets your muscles going! The next day, I could definitely feel the lunges and squats in my butt! :
The Perfect Circuit:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED – A pair of 5- to 8-pound dumbbells. The last few reps of each move should be really difficult, so increase weight as needed.
♥ Warm up (walk on treadmill, bike slowly, march in place, jump rope) for five minutes. Then, complete one set of the following:
- 24 alternating lunges with bicep curls, holding a dumbbell in each hand
- 20 plié squats, feet turned out to sides, knees behind toes, holding a dumbbell in each hand. As you squat, raise arms straight out in front of chest. Lower arms as you lift back up.
- Two 45-second plank holds, hands below shoulders, abs engaged, back straight; lift one leg each time
- 20 alternative reverse lunges, holding a dumbbell in each hand. As you lunge back, lift arms straight out to sides at shoulder height, palms down. Lower arms as you stand up.
- 20 squats, holding a dumbbell in each hand. As you squat, press dumbbells straight overhead, palms facing forward. Lower arms as you lift back up.
- 1 to 3 minutes of cardio (such as jogging in place, doing jumping jacks or jumping rope)
Rest for 1 minute, then do another set, switching up the order of the exercises.
P.S. I would never wear such derrière-exposing shorts when exercising, but good for her (model) I guess!